Best Clarifying Shampoo
Think the best clarifying shampoo when you are in search of an easy method to control grease. If you feel you don’t have a grease problem, think again. From our exercise habits to the place we live to the products we use, anything can cause the hair to be greasy, look dirty, and lose its shine. The hair is like a magnet, and the strands latch on and cling to hard water, minerals, pollutants, and styling products – basically anything it comes into contact with. All of these things leave the hair looking lifeless, lank, and just downright dull. Just like you would with your body, the answer is to detoxify your hair to restore its shine, and you do that with a clarifying shampoo – sorry, with the best clarifying shampoo.
Clarifying shampoo maintains the hair by removing the excess grease, dirt, and build-up of products from the hair and scalp. It works kind of like a reset feature for hair and gives it back its original fresh, glossy shine.
When to Use the Best Clarifying Shampoo
1. Before you color your hair. Grease and dirt can prevent the color from penetrating the hair scalp and will result in a new color that you most definitely didn’t want. So use a clarifying shampoo to remove all the build-up before you apply a fresh color coat.
2. Before you use a hair mask: the only way your hair will get the nourishment, a hair mask affords is if no dirt and grease are in its way.
3. Every so often: This is exclusively true for city dwellers. A day in the streets can cause your hair to attract everything within reach, and sooner or later will start to appear dull. The best clarifying shampoo will quickly fix that. It is prudent to use on one occasion or twice a week for the best results.
The Best Clarifying Shampoo
Here’s our pick of the best clarifying shampoos!
1. Moroccanoil Clarifying Shampoo: most clarifying shampoos are dehydrating but not this one. It’s packed with argan, avocado oil, keratin, lavender, chamomile, and jojoba extracts so your hair strands stay silky and nourished all the time.
2. Paul Mitchell Shampoo Three: was specially designed with pool lovers in mind as it targets mineral build-up from the chlorine present in swimming pools and fights the greenish hue it causes.
3. Bumble and Bumble Sunday Shampoo: new name, if you ask me, but also a pointer to the function of the shampoo. The company describes their shampoo as “a weekly detox to rid hair of product residue, hard water minerals, pollutants, you name it.” We’ve named it, and now it’s your turn to try it.
4. Oribe The Cleanse Clarifying Shampoo: it has a unique mousse formula that makes hair washing fun, and as a bonus, it’s a haven for colored or keratin-treated hair so all types can cash in on the fun.
5. Pureology Purify Shampoo. You’re welcome.