Best Dandruff Shampoo
The only thing worse than having dandruff is not having the best dandruff shampoo to treat it. Sometimes flakes appear in our hair, and we don’t know where they came from or how to handle it. Flakes that occasionally occur during particular seasons could be due to dry scalp and isn’t much of a problem. Chips that appear and stay all year long are the real issue. It is indicative of an underlying skin problem, for example, psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis – a type of eczema – or dandruff. Dandruff is, in essence, a flaky, greasy problem, and the one significant way to treat it is with antidandruff shampoos.
The best dandruff shampoos have ingredients like zinc, pyrithione, ketoconazole, tea tree oil, and salicylic acid. They help to reduce the bacteria on the scalp that cause bacteria, fight flakes, and ease irritation. It is also important that the shampoo contains conditioning ingredients like plant oils and silicones to help with the dry skin on the scalp.
The best way to use an antidandruff shampoo is to lather up and then leave the shampoo in contact with the scalp for about five to ten minutes to allow it to penetrate the scalp properly before rinsing it out. This will enable the active ingredient more time to work. Because such shampoos tend to dry out the hair, you should use a replenishing conditioner.
The Best Dandruff Shampoo
This is a list of the best dandruff shampoos on the market. The goal is to find the one that appeals to you the most and gets started.
1. Nizoral A-D Anti-Dandruff Shampoo: this is the one that has online reviewers going crazy. It is the over-the-counter version of ketoconazole containing shampoo, although in a milder dose.
2. Philip B Anti-Flake II Relief Shampoo: instead of chemicals, this shampoo includes zinc and coal tar that fight dandruff. It works to bring the scalp’s oil production levels to be reasonable and, at the same time, slow the rate at which scalp skin cells flake and die off.
3. Neutrogena T-Sal Shampoo: this is a cheaper yet highly practical option. It uses a 3% salicylic acid formula to exfoliate your scalp and remove gross flakes like a kind of chemical peel.
4. Redken Dandruff Control Shampoo: a great option if you’re looking for a quick fix. Users have reported that it solved their dandruff issues with two weeks of use. The active ingredient here is pyrithione and zinc.
5. Head and Shoulders Dry Scalp Care Shampoo and Conditioner: this two-in-one formula helps to remove flakes, reduce itching and redness, relieve irritation, and fight dryness. The shampoo and conditioner duo contains the active ingredient pyrithione and zinc, which works effectively to remove dandruff.
6. Dove Derma Care Scalp Dryness and Itch Relief Anti Dandruff Shampoo: with this shampoo, you get the best value for your money. It contains pyrithione zinc in a 2% concentration, and helps remove flakes, irritation and is suitable for daily use.